Few lucky Vietnam users were able to get their hands on Apple’s New iPad. The users were able to run some benchmark tests to figure out some of the specifications. The Geekbench benchmark results were able to confirm that Apple did not change the clock speed on the processor. The processor is Armv7 with the same 1.0GHz clock speed, this buries the speculations that there might be a slight bump to 1.2 or 1.5GHz in the CPU speeds.
The ram has been upgraded to 1GB with Geekbench score at 756. The new iPad scored integer score of 685, stream score of 335, and memory score of 815 in the Geekbench application.
The new iPad Specifications
- 9.7-inch 2048 x 1536-pixel retina display
- 5-megapixel camera (optics sensor from the iPhone 4S) and 1080p video recording
- A5X chip (with quad-core graphics)
- Supports 4G LTE networks.
- 9.4 millimeters thick and 1.4 pounds.
- Available March 16 in black and white